Friday, January 13, 2012

Mistakes



We all make them.
The question is
...
What is it that we need to do to correct them?


I could say that lately I haven't exactly been the person I know I am and want to be.


I know we are all human and mistakes happen, but my actions and behavior have not reflected the person I know God intends for me to be. I came to this realization unfortunately when those mistakes started to affect the lives and relationships of those around me. 

That is when I decided that I needed to come clean, confess my mistakes, ask for forgiveness from Heavenly Father, from the person whom I hurt and from myself.
and 
NOW
This is where My One Word comes into play.


My one word? You may ask...


Well, in my need for a fresh start and coincidentally a New Year
I stumbled upon THIS website on one of my friends blogs and have decided that this year is going to be all about MY ONE WORD!


I am going to take this time to reflect and pray about the areas where growth needs to take place in my character as a person.


On February 1st I will then reveal "My One Word"


I'm excited to begin my journey and to share it with all {2}people that actually read this blog.
HAHA!


Here is to a year of challenge, change and a better ME!


XOXO


Tara Ashley





3 comments:

Cassie @ Live.Laugh.L0ve. said...

Great post! Two of my favorite quotes I thought I would share with you.

"The worst mistake anyone can make is being too afraid to make one."

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

The beautiful thing about mistakes is that we learn from them, they help mold us. :) I can't wait to see your word of the year! :)

Chelsea said...

Wow, this was just the post I needed to read. You're right... we all make mistakes, we all go down paths we wish we never did. Yet, God gives us the chance to still become the person He intends us to be. He never gives up on us.

I am SO glad you referenced My One Word! This is definitely something I'm going to commit to doing :) Here's to a year of growth! I'm so excited to find out what your one word is!!

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

Isn't that funny how you feel that only two people read your blog? I feel the same. But I do read your blog! So that's makes 3! Hugs Ashley. I know how you feel. I haven't started one of my resolutions yet. Motivation is the key. It will kick in soon I hope.