Monday, February 6, 2012

Goals


Seeing my boyfriend's passion for his career and this life makes me joyful beyond measure.
You see, he's the kind of person who know exactly what he wants to do and he does it. There is no question in his mind that he won't get there.
When he was younger someone once asked him, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" and he said with all the confidence in his heart, "A professional hockey player or a Pilot in the Air Force."
I bet that guy thought, 'well that's ambitious', just as many of us do when a child tells us they want to be the President of the United States. 
This weekend the Pilot and I were talking  and he asked me, "Tara, what are your goals?"
I found myself babbling on trying to buy myself more time as I searched for something good to say.
Then just when I thought I was off the hook he said, "It's ok if you aren't sure exactly, heck you don't even have to tell me, but I want you to have all the happiness in this life and if there is something I can help you achieve while we are here then please tell me and we can make it happen."
I just love his positive attitude and support.

After I asked him what his were exactly he began to tell me and suddenly I felt an insecurity come over me not because of what he was saying exactly, but because I felt, "wow, those are some great goals, how am I ever going to be enough for him or live up to that?" 
That night after we talked I thought more about our conversation and the few things I had said to him regarding my goals and the concerns I have. 
I realize now that It's not about being GOOD ENOUGH FOR HIM...
It's about being GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!
and having the confidence to know that I can achieve anything I set my mind to.

So I figured it would only be appropriate to apply this to our FIRST weekly challenge and start things off right

THIS WEEKS CHALLENGE IS:

To make a list of personal goals, big or small, but they must be SMART goals
S-Specific
M-Measurable
A-Action Planned
R-Realistic
T-Time Frame

For help, pray to Heavenly Father to guide you and remind you that you are His child and that you have an important work to do

Let's meet up with our lists on Friday!!
Hopefully I can figure out how to set up a LINKY PARTY ;)

XOXO
Tara Ashley


No comments: