Thursday, February 23, 2012

Journey Forward {2}


I missed the first link up last week with my friend Chelsea over at life is a sunset because I was sick and out of the game, but I'm back...kinda.
Just taking a semi - break from the blog world, hope y'all don't mind.

 I did although make a commitment to myself...I must continue the CHALLENGE of LIVING my ONE WORD 
...
In order to do so, I've decided to join up with Chelsea every Thursday!!
AND

The first challenge for Journey Forward was to define our word through the dictionary and through our own words.


The Marriam-Webster Dictionary defines con·fi·dence as
a NOUN
a: a feeling or consciousness of one's powers or of reliance on one's circumstances 

b : faith or belief that one will act in a right, proper, or effective way 
c: a relation of trust or intimacy



When I originally started thinking about the different words I wanted to live out and work towards, I had a couple options, one being trust the other being truth.
As I discussed this JOURNEY FORWARD with the pilot and explained "MY ONE WORD" he mentioned that my word be confidence...it was perfect!!
It was trust and truth in one!
Everything I need!
I often struggle to see myself as a strong, beautiful, intelligent woman and that I have a lot to offer at whatever stage I am at in life.
...I need to trust in the truth of that...
So with a lot of consideration I have decided to
 LIVE, EAT, & BREATH CONFIDENCE!
To "Let virtue garnish your thoughts unceasingly"
...in ALL situations...
_____________________________________________________________

This weeks JOURNEY FORWARD is
create a Journey Forward pinboard on Pinterest and fill it with anything and everything that reminds you and inspires you to work toward your word.

The good thing is...I LOVE Pinterest!! AND this is something I had already started.
Chelsea and I think alike!

I couldn't say it better myself!!

XOXO

Tara Ashley
     







5 comments:

Katie Price said...

Hi Tara, nice to meet you. Glad you are taking part in the Journey Forward too!

Emily said...

Create word! I think working towards confidence is a great goal.

p.s. I can't find a link to your Pinterest so I can stalk you there.

Unknown said...

I think confidence is an amazing thing to work on this year. A self-confident attitude can help you accomplish so much and you seem like you've got a great attitude about how to continue to build yours!

I'm looking forward to following you on this journey!

Chelsea said...

YAY! I've already told you how much I love your word but I'll tell you again :) I'm just so excited to see where this journey takes you. I'm really looking forward to being inspired by your thoughts and growth!

Chelsea said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.